Meet the Zenagos Experts
Meet The Zenagos Experts
Meet the Zenagos Experts
- Founded or co-founded 7 education businesses that raised more than $140 million
- Launched 6 new business lines in diversified education companies, creating more than $1B in annual revenue
- Professor of strategy and finance, author of Professionalism: Your EDGE in the Job Market, and editor of Your Bright Future in Business Administration
- PhD in Education, Harvard MBA, UC Irvine MA, Harvard BA
- Focus: Finance, Company Valuation, Marketing Revenue Planning, Cash Forecasting, Fund-raising, Scaling Operations, Employee Development
- Co-founded 3 technology services businesses that raised more than $30MM
- One business went public (IPO’d); another sold to the 4th largest ad agency in the world
- >30 years advising the senior management teams of companies ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies and global multinational brands
- University of Chicago MBA, Harvard BA
- Focus: Sales, Contracts, Negotiation, Client Management, Pitch Preparation, Scaling Services Businesses, Capacity Planning, E-commerce
- Founded and operated 3 small businesses in wellness and aviation industries
- Negotiated a ground lease for a trailblazing $13 million airport project
- Earned the IBM Means Service Award and was appointed to the Northeast Advisory Board
- Duke University HR Certification, University of Massachusetts BA Business Administration
- Focus: Recruiting, Partnerships, Networking, Conference Strategies, Sales Messaging, Relationship Development, Business Process
- Founded and operated 4 small businesses in ceramics, glass, and jewelry
- Provided digital marketing and technology advice to start-ups, ranging from photographers to life coaches
- Advised businesses such as Fidelity and Lands End in technology strategy
- Boston University MBA, Wellesley BA
- Focus: Digital Strategy, Digital Marketing, AI, Website Design and Implementation, Technology Infrastructure, Training
Why We Started Zenagos
We created Zenagos because small businesses deserve to have access to high quality strategic consulting at an affordable price. We have spoken to many small business owners who just want someone to “take a look” at their operation and tell them where they could improve their business results, but believe they “can’t afford” to hire a consultant. By joining Zenagos, a small business owner can hire a blue-chip consulting team without breaking the bank.
We, the four Zenagos Experts, are good friends, and we have launched more than 17 businesses between us. Some of those enterprises were stand-alone (entrepreneurial), others were new business lines inside existing companies (intrapreneurial), and some were side-hustles that we used to bring in extra income while we did something else (like raising our totally awesome kids). We have been where you are, and we know that you are short on time and facing multiple decisions every day. Instead of locking you into weekly meetings, we make ourselves available to our members on a real-time basis. You work directly with us, and you receive feedback exactly when you need it.
We have consulted across a wide variety of industries – retail, technology, financial services, higher education, aviation, edtech, utilities, consumer goods – to some of the largest companies in the world. Our passion is to use this expertise to help you build your dream business.
You can trust us as a resource because:
Our businesses have been successful.
We understand how to create growth.
We have advised large organizations.
We have advised small organizations.
We have raised money – a lot of it.
We understand investors and Boards.
We have presented to investors as owner-directors and to Executive Boards as internal executives. We have served as subject-matter advisors to venture capital and private equity firms. And, we have served as Board members for nonprofits. We have experience navigating the sharks in the tank. We know what investors want, and also why you might not want to take their money.
We are published experts.
Our team members have written and edited numerous books and articles on career success and financial independence, including Professionalism, a textbook on the soft skills that lead to success; Marilyn Pincus’s Your Bright Future in Business Administration; Jeffrey Mershon’s Fundamentals in Personal Financial Planning; and “College without the Campus” in the Newsweek Career Guide.
We love helping people.
We are here for you, not your idea.
Elevate Your EntrepreneurialJourney